Read "My Story"-What influenced me to become a teacher? You can find the attached file at the bottom of this page.
Find Other Helpful Attachments at the bottom of this page
Principal Prize Patrol -
Student nominations by teachers will begin in the month of February! One student will be recognized as an outstanding role model, model of perseverance, and shining example of PAWS characteristics. The student selected will be honored with the Principal Prize Patrol to include pizzas and balloons delivered to the family in a surprise visit sometime in April! Parents can submit, "Why My Student Deserves a Nomination" on a form that will be sent home January 28th. We are excited about the upcoming Sweepstakes that will honor and highlight a deserving student!
Valentine's Day Love Letters to Students-
Families- we encourage you to take a purposeful time to write a love letter to your child! Please send it in to the office and we will deliver it to your child to read during his/her school day on February, 14, 2019. Let your child know no one will love him/her more than you will! This is day to stop and be sure our kids know we are the adults that will always be in their corner!
Ways You Can Volunteer and Be Part of the Day:
- Always schedule an appointment with the classroom teacher first so we are good stewards of your time and plan appropriately for you to serve!
- We have a school-wide literacy block 8:00-9:35. We would love you to be a “Read to Someone” or “Work on Writing” Buddy in a classroom. Please come read with students or help students write and edit their stories!
- We often need someone that can help make copies for classrooms, laminate materials, prep centers, or change out bulletin boards.
- Come for lunch and be a lunch buddy with your student.
- Lunch Buddy Program-would you be willing to serve once month and have lunch with 2-3 students that you would meet with and play games or share jokes and stories? We are always looking for ways to build relationships with students and provide more individualized attention to who they are and their hopes and dreams. If you could be a lunch buddy, please let Mrs. Baker know! We will connect you to key students that you will serve each month and provide mentorship and time!
- Weed and pick up trash-if you have an hour or two to assist with weeding our flower beds or picking up trash on the campus we will certainly appreciate the extra hands!
- Have an area of expertise you could be a “guest teacher?” Maybe you could add to our art, music, or computer classes?
- Connect with our PTO Board- Andrea Darsey, Grace Buchanan, Latisha Dirhold, Jessica Roland, Julie Boyd. email@example.com
July 11 Meet the Teacher
September 20 1st Quarter Student Led Conferences
December 14 Hispanic Festival
December 18 2nd Quarter Student Led Conferences
February 21 Winter Parent Fair Night
March 7 3rd Quarter Student Led Conferences
May 16 Spring Parent Fair Night
June 6 5th Grade Graduation