Read "My Story"-What influenced me to become a teacher? You can find the attached file at the bottom of this page.
Find Other Helpful Attachments at the bottom of this page
- October 23rd 3:00-4:30 PTO Halloween Dance in the gym-free for all students. Students may bring their costumes to school and change for the dance but costumes may not be worn during the day so students can focus on their academics.
- October 31st- Career Day. We do ask all students to DRESS FOR SUCCESS. Please wear a career costume and show us what your dream job will look like in attire.
- November 8th-Veteran's Day Lunch. If you are active duty or a Veteran, please be our guest for lunch!
- Clubs-EGMS will begin School Wide Clubs starting Friday, November 8th from 1:45-2:15. If you can sponsor a club with 6-10 students please let me know! We would love to have you share a hobby or talent with our students. Clubs will be every other week from November-March.
We have recently added a Share Cart for our BOTH 5th grade girls' and boys' bathroom. We want to make sure our beautiful and handsome young ladies and gentlemen do not let an unexpected start to the day or running late ruin the great things that happen in the classroom or throughout the school day. Our cart is on the honor system and follows the "Take What You Need, Give What You Can" norm. If you are able to provide travel size: toothbrushes, deodorants, brushes, combs, hair bows, lotion, dry shampoo, hairspray, or wipes please send items into the office.
Ways You Can Volunteer and Be Part of the Day:
- Always schedule an appointment with the classroom teacher first so we are good stewards of your time and plan appropriately for you to serve!
- We have a school-wide literacy block 8:00-9:35. We would love you to be a “Read to Someone” or “Work on Writing” Buddy in a classroom. Please come read with students or help students write and edit their stories!
- We often need someone that can help make copies for classrooms, laminate materials, prep centers, or change out bulletin boards.
- Come for lunch and be a lunch buddy with your student.
- Lunch Buddy Program-would you be willing to serve once month and have lunch with 2-3 students that you would meet with and play games or share jokes and stories? We are always looking for ways to build relationships with students and provide more individualized attention to who they are and their hopes and dreams. If you could be a lunch buddy, please let Mrs. Baker know! We will connect you to key students that you will serve each month and provide mentorship and time!
- Weed and pick up trash-if you have an hour or two to assist with weeding our flower beds or picking up trash on the campus we will certainly appreciate the extra hands!
- Have an area of expertise you could be a “guest teacher?” Maybe you could add to our art, music, or computer classes?
- Connect with our PTO Board- Andrea Darsey, Grace Buchanan, Latisha Dirhold, Jessica Roland, Julie Boyd. firstname.lastname@example.org
July 10 Meet the Teacher
September 19 1st Quarter Student Led Conferences
November 7 Family Code Night
December 16 2nd Quarter Student Led Conferences
February 20 Winter Parent Fair Night
March 5 3rd Quarter Student Led Conferences
May 14 Spring Parent Fair Night
June 9 5th Grade Graduation