Read "My Story"-What influenced me to become a teacher? You can find the attached file at the bottom of this page.
Find Other Helpful Attachments at the bottom of this page
- Please call me if you need assistance or access to a computer to apply for free or reduced lunch. We have computers available here at school and can assist you!
- Playground equipment from our 10K grant should be installed by Fall Break. There were more details than I realized regarding measurements, checking the grounds for underground wires or pipes, delivery time and installment...sorry for the delay but we are still committed to fulfilling this for our students and community.
- NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS Monday, September 3, 2019 in Honor of Labor Day.
- Book Fair-August 23-August 30, 2019
- Congratulations to our new Parent Representatives elected by Parent Vote: Maria Cozart and Melanie Beam.
- Eastfield T-Shirts and Hoodies on Sale now through September 18, 2019
We have recently added a Share Cart for our 5th grade girls' bathroom. We want to make sure our beautiful young ladies do not let an unexpected start to the day or running late ruin the great things that happen in the classroom or throughout the school day. Our cart is on the honor system and follows the "Take What You Need, Give What You Can" norm. If you are able to provide travel size: toothbrushes, deodorants, brushes, combs, hair bows, lotion, dry shampoo, hairspray, or wipes please send items into the office.
Ways You Can Volunteer and Be Part of the Day:
- Always schedule an appointment with the classroom teacher first so we are good stewards of your time and plan appropriately for you to serve!
- We have a school-wide literacy block 8:00-9:35. We would love you to be a “Read to Someone” or “Work on Writing” Buddy in a classroom. Please come read with students or help students write and edit their stories!
- We often need someone that can help make copies for classrooms, laminate materials, prep centers, or change out bulletin boards.
- Come for lunch and be a lunch buddy with your student.
- Lunch Buddy Program-would you be willing to serve once month and have lunch with 2-3 students that you would meet with and play games or share jokes and stories? We are always looking for ways to build relationships with students and provide more individualized attention to who they are and their hopes and dreams. If you could be a lunch buddy, please let Mrs. Baker know! We will connect you to key students that you will serve each month and provide mentorship and time!
- Weed and pick up trash-if you have an hour or two to assist with weeding our flower beds or picking up trash on the campus we will certainly appreciate the extra hands!
- Have an area of expertise you could be a “guest teacher?” Maybe you could add to our art, music, or computer classes?
- Connect with our PTO Board- Andrea Darsey, Grace Buchanan, Latisha Dirhold, Jessica Roland, Julie Boyd. firstname.lastname@example.org
July 10 Meet the Teacher
September 19 1st Quarter Student Led Conferences
December 16 2nd Quarter Student Led Conferences
February 20 Winter Parent Fair Night
March 5 3rd Quarter Student Led Conferences
May 14 Spring Parent Fair Night
June 9 5th Grade Graduation